Welcome to our Gratitude Series! In preparation for the Holidays, the Team at The Bottom Line CPA wanted to share a few things about their lives and what they're thankful for this year.
Today's contribution comes from Sumer Brackett:
My personal family tradition around Thanksgiving:
Love Thanksgiving – Besides the traditional Thanksgiving Meal. We always put our Christmas Tree up the night of Thanksgiving. So many memories of tangled lights, broken ornaments and new ornaments our kids have made. We have 3 teenage daughters and the sweetest 9 year old son who always lights up a room.
My favorite fall/family recipe:
Sangria Cranberry Sauce and Green bean Casserole.
Collection of quotes, books, or blogs I enjoy taking time to soak in:
This time of year I love reading inspirational thankful quotes. Just puts you in the mood for Thanksgiving!
My favorite Scripture, prayer, or devotion:
1 Corinthians 13:4-8
“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it
Is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.”
My list of things that I am grateful for this year:
- I am grateful for my parents. My dad passed a few months ago and I miss him more than I can describe. I am also grateful for my step-dad. He has been a blessing.
- My children – They are my reason.- Abby, Savannah, Mallory and Gage. I thank God for them everyday.
- My Mike – He has been my rock through so many storms in my life and I cannot imagine my life without him.
- My friends – I am blessed to have friends that I am still as close with in my 40’s as when I was in grade school.
- My sister Jacie – She is 12 years younger than me and we are so close even though she lives in another state. More reasons I love the holidays because she is in longer.
- My job at TBL – I have made friends for life and I cherish each one of them.
Why I do what I do:
I have always enjoyed helping people and just letting people know that we care and we want to do our best to serve them.
A list of my favorite fall, winter or holiday things:
- Fall is my favorite season. I love East Tennessee where I live and the colors in the area.
- We do not see snow around here much anymore but pray we see some this winter season.
- Love making cookies for Santa – Gage gets so excited. I love his innocence.